Monday, 3 February 2014
Super Treats for Everyone
How hard is it to make a yummy treat? Not very. We have heaps of favourite, simple treats that we would love to share with you.
Riley and I adore greek style yogurt. We love it's tang. It is so much better than the sweet stuff you can get. At least we think so. It has a nice real taste to it, unspoiled!
Here are some things you can do with it or any other plain yogurts:
Dollop some into a small bowl, drizzle honey all over it and tip plenty of rolled oats on top of that. Don't skimp on the oats! Mix everything together, add some more for whatever you think you don't have enough of and then eat. Warning, more honey is better than less. Make sure you can taste it!
Chop up some fresh strawberries, sprinkle with sugar and put them in a bowl of yogurt. I like more rather than less strawberries, but Riley doesn't like the juice getting all through her yogurt. You can do this with any berry or you could buy some frozen mixed berries.
What is better than rice pudding? Well we all love the really creamy rich taste. For days we are in a hurry we have quick recipe.
Here is what we do:
Cook enough rice for however many people are eating, put it in a saucepan and tip milk in so your spoon can go around the pan, but not so much that it is all milk. Just a bit.
When it is bubbling grab some sweetened condensed milk or just cream if you don't have any. Tip in a good bit and then mix up. Put a tiny drop of vanilla essence as an extra if you like.
There are a few good toppings for this. One is cut up chocolate. We also like honey and cut up almonds. You can play around with what you want.
We love fruit. The best way to have it is for dessert. This is the second easiest dessert on this post.
If you are using canned fruit like peaches (which we adore having) drain them and tip them into your bowls. If you are using fresh fruit like strawberries or mangos cut them up and put them into the bowls. If using canned fruit, tip a little juice into the bowls for an extra yummy taste.
Get a bottle of cream and put a good bit in each bowl and eat. Nothing easier. We all know this recipe!
Last of all is the easiest. All you need is a bar of chocolate of your pick and some hungry people. Break up your bar of chocolate and pass it around, yum!
I hope you liked these super easy recipes and that they are easy enough to follow. Thanks for reading and please try them out!
I would have given you some exact measurements for ingredients in the rice pudding, but there aren't any. It is just what you want to have.
Do you know any great recipes I would like? Where can I find them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That rice pudding recipe sounds delicious, I'll have to try it! I know where you might be able to find some good recipes - on my blog under the 'Recipes' tab. :P (My own blog :P) I just love cooking after dinner treats!
ReplyDeleteBeth
Thanks! We love the recipe and even people who don't know how to cook can cook it!
DeleteI will check them out. Thanks. I love cooking after dinner treats as well!
Olivia